Saturday, December 3, 2016

The journey continues...

Hi everyone.

It has been quite some time since I posted to Kirk’s Corner. A lot has been going on, and I have been trying to keep updates going out through other methods, mainly facebook.

For everyone unsure of what’s been going on, I’ll go ahead and give a quick recap here.

Just before my last post, on May 1st 2015 to be exact, I had an accident at the place I was working. Home Depot. Well, things went downhill quickly. I was serious mistreated, and they seemed to be playing a game of “How childish can we get and how can we break his restrictions next.”

I progressively got worse, and have been. 

The work comp insurance, Liberty Mutual, has seemed to do their best to interfere with my treatment.

I stuck around Home Depot for as long as I could, despite the growing dangers. In the end, I did quit in the middle of August this year. I only stayed because I KNEW, the second I quit, Liberty Mutual was going to yank my medical insurance and stop paying for everything.

After I got a lawyer, who gave his blessing to my quitting, I quit. Shortly after, and exactly as predicted, they cut my medical care funding, and stopped paying for even my medications, which even their own doctors have said I will continue needing.

I am looking at a permanent disability, and the very real prospect of never being able to hold down a normal job for the rest of my life. However long that is.

Currently my lawyer is fighting with them, as the insurance company has started refusing to even talk to my lawyer for about a month straight.

I have started working on a variety of projects, trying to keep myself mentally in the right zone. Writing has… not been as productive as I wish I could say. However, I have not stopped writing all together. In fact, I just won NaNoWriMo 2016.

For NaNoWriMo I ended up writing a Supernatual thriller that has already grown to have an entire trilogy planned out.

On top of all of this, and since about September, I’ve gotten in touch with a local crafting guild. I’m using their location and resources to not only try and keep me busy, but improve myself. I’m learning a variety of skills that, should I ever actually get better, I’ll be far more valuable to a variety of companies. Plus, I’ll be able to expand my art and work pieces into much bigger categories.

The injury is seriously slowing me down. If you have a chronic pain, you know what I’m talking about. On top of losing most of the use of my right foot, and thus leg, I’m in constant pain. Pain of this caliber drains your stamina regardless of what you’re doing. It’s just doing things makes it far worse.

So, that is the reason I’m so slow. I have to keep stopping to try and recover enough to continue. It’s really disheartening to end up taking weeks for something that should be a day project.

However. I’m making SOME progress with my pieces, so I’ll try to focus on that.

I’ll be posting projects I’m working on. Of which, and as most know already, there are many. But, most of these are art of some from. Wood working, metal, sculpture, mixed media, etc. Basically whatever I can get my hands on. Some of these I’ll be selling, and I’ll post those pieces on etcy. Some I’ll be giving away, or keeping for my own use / enjoyment. Just depends on how things go.

Here’s hoping for a future that is far brighter than my recent past.


Wish me luck everyone, for I truly need every ounce that can be spared.


Thanks in advance, and have a great evening.




Wes Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment