Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Delayed Beginnings

I grew up when this tsunami known as “The World Wide Web” was just forming. I experienced the leading edge of the ripple and all of the great, and not so great, things that came about with its introduction to daily life. I was there for the gloriousness of the Dotcom boom, and obviously for its Babylonian tower collapse. I was onboard with a FaceBook account before most people even heard of it.

Because of all this, and my geeky, nerdy, techy background, people have been shocked, astounded, and downright confused by the fact that I’m not a blogger. The fact that I haven’t been latched to weekly or daily updates has left people curious. Some have even questioned if I’m just ‘antisocial.’ If I’m so into technology and such: why the absence?

The answer for this is rather simple. For those that have known me long enough in person, you may have guessed already. In person I have a habit, generally speaking, of not speaking much or often. I’m more of a listener. Does that mean I’m not interested? No, far from the truth. I speak when I feel I have something to contribute, or something to say. To do otherwise just seems foolish to me, and thus I refrain. “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than open it and remove all doubt”… yes? In recent years I’ve piped up in more conversations, simply because I’ve grown my knowledge base into a massive eclectic library. In short, I have more to say: So I do.

So, with this in mind, I’m “stepping into the digital age finally.” I am starting this blog with several goals in mind, one of which is to keep those interested up-to-date on the progress of some things I am working on. I have been informed that the lack of an online presence has given a bad impression. I intend to fix that from this point forward. I will begin weekly updates, maybe more depending on what comes up, starting promptly.

Why? Because, NOW, I have something to say.

Thank you;


--Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment